A Journey to the Dark Web Part 3

Now, immediately after seeing what had appeared on my screen, I did what anyone else would’ve done. I removed the battery from my computer, threw it into a safe that I kept in my bedroom, and locked it tight. I didn’t sleep the rest of that night. I just sat on the edge of my bed, staring at the floor, paralyzed with fear. This was no ordinary nightmare, this was real.

For the next few days, I had the same nightmare every night. Each time as traumatizing as the first. And worst of all, each time, after waking up, I could hear my laptop fan inside that safe. I knew what it was doing, but I never looked. I didn’t want to see that message again. I didn’t want to scar myself even further.

After 3 nights of experiencing this terrible nightmare, I stopped sleeping. I couldn’t see those horrible images anymore. I couldn’t face that demon anymore. It was too much for me. I kept myself up with caffeine and vitamin b. My motor functions declined and my cognitive ability deteriorated after the second consecutive night. I was so weak, so tired, so afraid.

On my third day of self-induced insomnia, my boss walked over to my desk and gave it to me straight,

“You look like dried up dog shit man. Go home, get some sleep.”

I looked up at him. I wanted to tell him so badly, but I know if I did, he would just tell me to get my shit together and come back tomorrow. So I nodded my head in agreement, picked up my stuff, and walked out.

As I was driving home, I turned on the radio to help keep me awake, I had not slept in almost 60 hours. But instead of my favorite tunes, all that came out of my car’s speakers was static. Just a bunch of white noise. I started changing channels but everything was the same. Static. So I turned it off and drove home in silence.

As I pulled into my driveway, I noticed through my front window that there was a flickering light coming from inside my house. It was my TV. I left the damn thing on before leaving to work. I wasn’t surprised though, not sleeping for two consecutive nights was definitely taking a toll on me. I put the car in park and started to pull the keys out when my radio turned on again. More static. Was I hallucinating?

“Christ, I’m losing it.”

“No you’re not”

I almost shit my pants. Did that come…from the radio? Either I’ve gone nuts or that was extremely coincidental.

“I’m still here, you know”

“HOLY FUCK!”

This time I was sure, that deep, static voice just came out of the speakers of my car. I looked at my radio to see what station it was tuned to but the screen was just a bunch of random symbols and letters that didn’t make any sense. I started to panic. I immediately turned the car off and almost ran into my house. No, they can’t follow me everywhere. I locked my computer in my safe! This can’t be happening to me.

I whipped around to look at my television, which I had forgotten was still on. I swear, I wish that the goddamn teletubbies were on. In fact, I wish there was ANYTHING on. But there wasn’t. It was just static.

No sound, no signal, just static.

BOOM!

I almost fell over backward in fear. The television’s sound came in with a huge bang and the static was very audible. White noise filled the room. I could feel my heart pounding as my hands began to shake. “No, no. Please no.”

The static began to get louder and louder until I couldn’t even hear myself think. I covered my ears and began shouting to myself

“STOP IT. STOP IT NOW. PLEASE!!!”

And it stopped.

I looked up slowly at my television. Nothing. Black screen. It was off. I stood up slowly, still shaking from what had just happened. I walked slowly toward my television, fearing that it may turn on again and blow my eardrums out. I got right up next to the screen, reached behind my TV, and unplugged the power cord. I stared at it for a couple seconds, hoping I had stopped them from gaining access. I backed away slowly, breathing more evenly now. I stopped it. And that’s when I saw that face on my television screen. That black silhouette from my dreams. It was here. It was real.

He smiled at me with the most evil smile you could possibly imagine and I couldn’t look away. I was too afraid to move. And suddenly, he began to speak in the most frightening voice imaginable. It was deep and booming, somewhat distorted as if he was speaking through a voice masker. It sounded like 10 voices in one, all as evil as the other.

“DO YOU FEAR ME, [h3man4694]?”

I couldn’t move.

“I SAID, DO YOU FEAR ME??”

My body was shaking uncontrollably.

“DO YOU KNOW THESE PEOPLE?”

The next images I saw were the most traumatizing images in my lifetime.

I saw pictures of my family, my friends, people I had met throughout my life. He had them…this can’t be happening…

“I TOLD YOU NOT TO STARE!!”

And, probably out of sheer adrenaline, I snapped out of my paralysis and picked up a small glass bottle sitting on the table next to me and hurled it as hard as I could at the TV. Sparks went everywhere, shattered glass covered the floor. I looked up at the TV and it was broken, the screen had cracked and it was no longer functioning. The demon was gone.

I mustered what strength I had left and walked up to my room. I was so tired…

I fell to my knees and began to cry when suddenly, I heard it. My laptop fan. I slowly raised my head and there it was. Sitting on the edge of my bed. Command prompt open, webcam on. The screen read:

“That wasn’t very nice, [h3man4694]”

I screamed as loud as I can,

“LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!!!!”

And picked up my laptop and threw it out the window as hard as I could. This was going to end today. I walked over to the window I had thrown my computer out of to make sure that it was shattered, I wanted nothing to be left of it. But as I looked out the window, I didn’t see any broken laptop.

I saw him. Looking up at me.

Smiling.

Comments

Popular Posts